- Librarians are an inherently fashionable people. We were doing geek chic before such a term had even been coined. The glasses, the smarts; all part of the librarian package. But there’s one element of style evey librarian needs to know, how to do the hair bun. Some Bun Instructions for the ‘brarian on the go!
- There are still people that think all librarians are shushing school marms. Clearly image has not kept up with reality. Here’s a list of snappy comebacks to the commonly heard cry “You Don’t Look Like a Librarian“
- Working in the public sphere, librarians tend to come into contact with a lot of people. Most of these contacts are uneventful, but there are some that leave more of an impression. War Stories or “The Patron from HELL“
- For more library life goodness try checking out our sister site over at My Library Is Strange. The new home for our Book Drop Surprises list.
- Librarians organize information. One way we do it is with the Dewey Decimal System, but what is the DDS all about? A guide to the Dewey Decimal System in plain english.
- The Dewey Decimal System is a powerful tool. However, its listings can be a little hard to puzzle out. Would the average person think to look for dogs under Animal Husbandry? Probably not….
This has a listing of some of the most commonly used subject area’s in Dewey, along with their Dewey numbers. The Alphabetical Guide to Common Subject Headings.
DDC, Dewey, and Dewey Decimal Classification are registered trademarks of OCLC OnlineComputer Library Center, Inc.