A fine and rich soup excellent for most formal get togthers.
- Small broiled bone
- 1 1/2 pint of peas
- 1 root of celery
- Small bunch of sweet herbs
- 1 large onion
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- spinach juice
- asparagus, boiled and cut into small pieces
- Put a small broiled bone to the peas, and water in proportion, the celery, the herbs, and onion.
- Add cayenne pepper and salt to taste; boil it briskly for five hours.
- Strain and pulp it, then add the spinach juice, and asparagus.